WILBURTON BOARD OF EDUCATION REGULAR MEETING
Date: July 1, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Place: Board Room, High School
1201 West Blair, Wilburton, OK
Note: The Wilburton Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1. Meeting called to order by President
2. Pledge of allegiance
4. Reading of minutes of last regular meeting
5. Public Comments
6. Vote to approve Activity Fund report and Lunch Fund report
7. Vote to approve payroll, purchase orders, and change orders
8. Vote to appoint Dr. Beatrice Butler Custodian of the Lunch Fund for
the 2019-2020 school year
9. Vote to appoint Gary Lay as Custodian of the Activity Fund for the
2019-2020 school year
10. Approve resolution to invest surplus General, Bond, Building, and Child
Nutrition Fund monies each month
11. Discussion and vote to approve or disapprove personnel resignations
12. Discussion and vote to employ Rea Jodie Gockel as High School Library Aide.
13. Proposed executive session for the purpose of confidential communications between the Board of Education and its attorney concerning a pending investigation of allegations by a former student against school personnel, the Board’s attorney having advised the Board that disclosure of such communications will impair the ability of the Board to conduct an investigation in the public interest as authorized by title 70 Okla. Stat. Section 307 b (4).
a. vote to convene in executive session
b. vote to acknowledge return to open session
c. Statement of minutes of executive session
14. Recommendation, consideration and action authorizing and directing the District’s legal counsel to take such action as is necessary and consistent with the discussion in executive session with regard to conducting an investigation of allegations by a former students against school personnel.
15. Board to consider and take action on a motion approving the renewal of the Sublease Agreement dated September 1, 2015 between the District and Latimer County Educational Facilities Authority for the fiscal year ending June 30,2020 as required under the provisions of the agreement.
16. Superintendent’s report
17. New Business
This agenda was posted on the outside door by the Board Room by 5:00 p.m. on June 26, 2019.
Susan Skimbo, Minutes Clerk