From the Superintendent’s Desk:
“We are all connected by a simple wish—to be visible, to be heard, to know that we matter.”
It is a tremendous blessing to know we will have the opportunity to be back in a traditional education setting this August. So, welcome back to a new and exciting school year at Wilburton Public Schools! Despite the current surge in the COVID-19 pandemic, our goals continue to focus on providing each student with a premier educational experience and a path to a fulfilling future, based on every child’s interests and needs. Our emphasis is to provide a balanced social, emotional, academic, and physical program through diverse curricular and extracurricular opportunities.
The WPS 2021-22 Return to Learn Plan is posted on the school’s website; however, please remember it is a “living” document and could be amended as we move through this school year.
Maintaining a safe environment is always a top priority.
Please continue to follow all COVID-19 health and safety recommendations:
- Cleaning your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Putting distance between yourself and other people (at least 6 feet).
- Covering your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Clean your hands after throwing away the tissue.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched objects and surfaces daily.
We have a great deal to accomplish. Our students’ success depends on our school communities. Thank you for being a part of Wilburton Public Schools and for advocating for your student, our students, and each other.
Dr. Trice Butler
Superintendent of Schools
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” Bill Keane