WILBURTON BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
Date: Monday, September 8, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Board Room, High School
1201 West Blair, Wilburton, OK
Note: The Wilburton Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1. Meeting called to order by President
2. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Reading of minutes of last regular meeting
3. Discussion of public concerns
4. Vote to approve Activity Fund report and Lunch Fund report
5. Vote to approve payroll, purchase orders, and change orders
6. Discuss and vote to approve continued participation in the Oklahoma Public Schools Unemployment Account for the 2014-2015 School year
7. Public hearing to allow tribal officials and parents of Indian children to discuss the school’s Impact Aid program, to make recommendations concerning the needs of their children, the LEA’s educational program and the degree of parental participation allowed.
8. Proposed executive session to discuss employment of personnel for the 2014-2015 school year
a. vote to convene in executive session
b. vote to acknowledge return to open session
c. vote on Superintendent’s recommendation for employment of personnel for the 2014-2015 school year
9. Discussion and possible vote to approve or not approve Interlocal Membership Agreement and Special Education Related Services Agreement
with the Southeastern Oklahoma Interlocal Cooperative for services as specified.
11. Vote to approve the Preliminary Estimate of Needs for the 2014-2015
12. Discussion and vote on fund raising activities presented by student organizations
13. Discussion and vote to approve Alternative School Plan
14. Acknowledge accreditation status for the 2014-2015 school year
15. Superintendent’s report
16. New Business
17. Sign contracts
This agenda was posted on the outside door by the Board Room by 4:00 p.m. on September 4, 2014.