Bond Election Facts
April 7, 2015 voters were asked to vote on a $9,395,000 School Bond Issue for Wilburton Public Schools for the following purposes:
- To build a new Elementary School featuring:
- F5 Capable Safe Rooms for all students
- State of the art Computer Labs
- Streamlined Parent/Bus Pickup/Dropoff
- Extensive Library Media Center
- Will house all students Pre-K - 5th
- Energy Efficient Design
- Enhanced Security Features for School and Playground
- Renovate Elementary Auditorium
- Renovate Elementary Gymnasium
- Renovate Elementary Cafeteria
For the last 66 years, our current Elementary campus has served us well. Through decades of upgrades and improvements, it has faithfully served our community. Unfortunately, we have reached a point where upgrading the existing facilities would not be the best use of funds. The cost to renovate our aging facilities, and to bring them up to code would be far greater than new construction. We have focused our exterior design to preserve the look of the past while providing the best new technologies for the future.
Safety is the paramount goal, and our new building will house every student in the same facility. It will also provide safe rooms capable of protecting all students should Wilburton be hit with an F5 tornado as Moore was in 2013.